Volunteer with MEOW Foundation
MEOW Foundation is largely volunteer run and operated by dedicated, hard-working, compassionate and caring people who love animals.
Volunteer roles and availability vary throughout the year. Any open positions are posted on this page.
Volunteer at the Adoption Centre
- We're seeking Cat Care/Cleaner volunteers to feed the cats and clean adoption rooms and cat enclosures.
- Follow MEOW's cleaning protocols to ensure that adoption rooms, cat enclosures and common areas are clean and sanitized
- All aspects of cat feeding including distributing food and sanitizing used food dishes
- Clean cat enclosures and adoption rooms including scooping litter boxes, washing floors and disinfecting all surfaces
- Socialize with the cats throughout the cleaning shift
Adoption Centre volunteers must be 18 or over and be comfortable with varied cat temperaments.
Applications are currently closed.
Volunteer at MEOW Charity Thrift Shop
MEOW Charity Thrift Shop is seeking volunteers for the front of the shop/cashier and receiving and cleaning of donations. Thrift shop volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. (Under 18 - parental waiver is required)
Cashier / Retail Position
Our Front of Store volunteers offer friendly customer experience and keep our store front looking clean and tidy. Must be able to stand for a full shift. Police check required.
Our Receivers greet donors at the door and gratefully accept donated items. They are physically fit, able to bend and lift items up to 35lbs, and carry them up and down stairs. Receivers also may share cleaner duties.
Cleaners sort, clean, and sometimes package received donations. They make sure every item is in working order and is sparkly clean. Must be able to go up and down stairs at least once per shift.
Volunteer at Regal Cat Café
Regal Cat Café is seeking cat care volunteers! RCC volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Clean and disinfect food and water bowls, cat trees and cages where required
- Fill dry food and refill water bowls
- Clean/scoop litter
- Become an ambassador for MEOW Foundation and our adoptable cats
- Engage with visitors to the Kitty Kingdom
- Socialize with cats as time permits
Applications are currently closed.
Volunteer Craft Makers
Help us sew, knit and crochet! MEOW sells hand-made merchandise like pet beds and mats, catnip toys, snuffle mats and balls, aprons, bowl cozies, tote bags, etc. We are seeking crafters with attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
MEOW provides all materials, instructions and required patterns. You provide your own sewing/serger machines.
MEOW at the Markets
MEOW Foundation has booth space at many local markets and craft fairs. If you're confident and comfortable talking to people and have weekend availability, consider volunteering at the markets!
Shifts are up to 4 hours and training is provided.
Become a Foster Home
We are currently recruiting foster homes for cats and kittens.
Some of our cats need a foster home to help them with socialization or medical needs; others simply aren’t thriving at the Adoption Centre and would benefit from being in a home environment. We also put all pregnant cats and litters of kittens in foster homes.
You provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment in your home for rescued cats and kittens until they are adopted. MEOW provides all the necessary supplies such as food, litter and toys; and covers all veterinary expenses.
What is fostering like?
You'll find more details in our Foster Home Volunteer Role Description.
Better Impact Volunteer System
If you are a current MEOW Foundation volunteer, you can view upcoming opportunities and record hours contributed online. Just sign in with your username and password.