Resources for Cat Owners
Whether you are a first time cat owner preparing to welcome kitty home, or a cat parent of considerable experience, we’re here to assist you and your cat in leading the healthiest, happiest and most productive companion years of your lives.
Below you'll find a range of free downloadable resource sheets on topics related to feline behaviour and health.
Looking for more information on a specific cat-related issue or topic? Check out our Useful Links page for a list of informative websites all about cats.
Information Sheets for Cat Owners
Alison: Put each link on the relevant page of content, instead of having them all displayed in a list like this.
- Welcome Home Advice - Includes: home preparation tips for your new cat or kitten; integration with cats, dogs and kids; and tips for very shy cats.
- A Guide to Cat Behaviour - Includes: good litter box etiquette; scratching; declawing - please don\'t; and how to safely trim claws.
- Adopting a Very Shy or Feral Cat - Includes: what is a very shy or feral cat; what to expect; and integration into the home.
- Cat Health and Safety - Includes: cat safety tips; is my cat sick; escape prevention; and permanent identification.
- Lilies are Poisonous to Cats
- Protect Your Pet from Pesticides
- Emergency Veterinary Clinics in Calgary
- Pet Insurance and Alternatives - Includes: how to afford cost of a cat; pet insurance options; other ways to save.
- Vacation Care for Your Cat
- Moving to a New Home - Includes: tips for before the move; moving day; and after the move.
- Temporary Care for Your Cat
- Veterinary Assistance for Your Cat
- Finding a New Home for Your Cat