Things I will always remember about our beloved cat – Mr Earl Grey, as written down on April 17, 2007.
- Flopped on stairs so I could stroke his back
- Met you at the garage door
- Came up the stairs when you clicked your fingers
- Played with any ball
- Was a “houdini”, getting into any box or cupboard – or even behind the piano!
- Scratched his post (and the odd chair!)
- Slept on your bed all night
- Raced out from hiding to surprise you
- Chased mice several times with at least two notches to his credit
- Loved to have his back hair brushed or combed
- Noise of him running around on the wooden floor upstairs (especially excited after a good poop!)
- Always stayed close when you were alone in the house
- Hid under the nearest bed when his carrying case came out
- Was so COMPANIABLE
- Managed for many years with only one tooth – Peggy at the cattery called him Elvis because of the resulting “lisp”.
- Liked to jump up at pieces of string
- Would sit at the top of the stairs looking at you with his head slightly cocked to one side.
Earl was a member of the family and will always be dearly missed and FOREVER LOVED.
In loving memory of a friend, companion, loving and much loved puss-cat,
From his Daddy