I wrote the following tribute to her because she taught me so much. We will always remember sweet Eva.
On Monday, January 12, 2009 sweet Eva peacefully passed away from her long battle with cancer. I’ve put together just some thoughts on what Eva taught me in her short time on this Earth:
- Always purr, it relaxes those around you.
- If you find yourself in a new situation, make friends — they’ll help you through it.
- Stand up for the rights of others, and protect your friends from pain and fear.
- There’s nothing better than a good tummy rub. If you want a tummy rub and people are not paying attention, drop to the floor loudly, roll over, and purr to get their attention.
- If said tummy rub is really good, be sure to knead the sky and purr loudly, it feels great!
- Floor food is yummy – humans are kind of sloppy and if they are making dinner, there’s a good chance something good will fall down – be there for it!
- Always be on time for dinner – if your person is late, let them know with a good MEOW!
- Make sure you let yourself be heard – a firm ‘meow’ often gets you food or at least a snuggle. Nighttime conversations with your friends are also fun.
- If you have to go to the doctor, remember that they are there to help you. It’s best to lie back and let them poke you, it’ll be over soon. If you purr, they are nicer to you too – unless they’re listening to your heart, then they don’t want you to purr for some reason.
- Take your meds every day – they’re tasty in a Pill Pocket.
- Enjoy sleeping with your human, but not too often, just enough to have them want you coming back — be a tease!
- Play often, even if your tummy hurts or you’re not feeling well, playtime is worth it!
Goodnight sweet Eva, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.