Fund Development Associate – Part-time (24 hours/week)
We seek an individual who cares deeply about the welfare of cats, is passionate about supporting the goals, mission, and vision of MEOW Foundation, enjoys working in the non-profit sector and is looking for a sense of personal fulfillment in the area of animal welfare.
Established in 2000, MEOW Foundation is a cat-specific registered not-for-profit organization with a no-kill mandate. MEOW is the only organization in Calgary that offers four foundational programs.
- Rescue and Adoption provides food, shelter, and medical care to stray and abandoned cats in Calgary and facilitates their adoption into new, loving permanent homes.
- Subsidized Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) for Calgarian’s in-need to assist with the cost of spay and neuter.
- Trap Neuter Return (TNR) Program for feral cats.
- Cat Food Assistance (CFA) is a temporary support program if you are in need of cat or kitten food.
Through our programs, we advocate for responsible, compassionate animal care and assist over 2500 cats each year.
MEOW is a well-respected member of the animal rescue and services community in Calgary and works closely with other local and Alberta based groups to change the lives and provide a future for abandoned and mistreated companion animals.
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development, the Fund Development Associate is focused on completing the administration and coordination tasks associated with the fund development portfolio.
This is a hands-on role with a significant administrative component. Must be comfortable using and navigating databases, excel, and donor software applications.
This role is an ambassador for MEOW and focused on strengthening our relationships with the community, current and future donors.
More specifically, the Fund Development Associate will:
- Update donor profiles and donation information in Artez (current donation management system).
- Participate in selection, analysis, and conversion to a new donor management system.
- Prepare reports, summarize trends, and analyze donor and donation information.
- Complete all administrative, logistical, and coordination tasks in support of fundraising projects, events, and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to plan creative and timely communications and collateral, and marketing strategies in support of projects, events, and campaigns.
- Actively support donor stewardship and track donations, issue thank-you cards and letters (hand-written and electronic), and create and distribute welcome packages for new donors, etc.
- Speak with donors and represent the organization professionally and with kindness and build and maintain strong relationships.
- Organize and administer various annual projects including the annual appeal letter, and all related technical and administrative tasks (printing, mailer preparation, postage).
- Develop content and updates for newsletters, blogs, and other internal and external publications about fundraising projects, events, and campaigns.
- Execute fundraising projects, events, and campaigns including planning, organizing, logistics, coordination, set-up, take-down.
- Help coordinate volunteers to support fundraising projects, events, and campaigns.
- Research and develop new opportunities to generate revenue.
- Strong computer literacy, in particular using and optimizing technology to prepare reports, summarize information, recognize and analyze trends.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with all levels of the foundation, the public, and professionals. Able to develop rapport with people from all walks of life.
- Demonstrate strong initiative, is go-getter, and can work independently and efficiently.
- Previous experience planning and executing successful fundraising events professionally.
- Organized, cooperative and collaborative.
- Compassionate, mature, displays thoughtful judgement and behavior.
- Experience working with animals is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in related field preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Work with a caring and knowledgeable team of staff and volunteers.
- Free parking.
- Health and Wellness Benefits.
- Staff and Volunteer discounts at the MEOW Thrift Shop and The Regal Cat Café (10% off branded merchandise).
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- At our Adoption Centre. Hybrid option also available (onsite at the Adoption Centre and some work from home). Candidate must be comfortable working in a shelter environment including exposure to dust, animal fur, dander and animal waste, zoonotic disease, cleaning chemicals, wet floors.
- Candidate must be comfortable driving within the Calgary area to our locations and various events.
- Hours of work are flexible Monday – Sunday including evenings, weekends, and holidays to support organizational needs and special events.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume: email@example.com
Please explain your availability for work part-time Monday – Sunday.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Further information about MEOW Foundation is available at www.meowfoundation.com
Job type: Part-time
Salary: $18 – $20 / hour